AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is the funda of Quality Score?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have recently started Adwords campaigns for our services and truly newbies in this field. While analyzing the quality score of our keywords under a particular ad group, we came across a situation where the quality score was showing 3/10 under light red background but all the factors like Expected clickthrough rate, Ad relevance and Landing page experience were showing average or above average.

My question is how and under what circumstances this can happen? What does this signify?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

Re: What is the funda of Quality Score?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mainak,

Quality Score is certainly one of the important and magical metric of Adwords account. There are lot of factors which are taken into consideration while calculating Quality Score. Most important and the core component is the CTR. Also note that initial Quality Score (when you actually build your account) is based on how well or how worse the other advertisers have been using those set of keywords in the past.

There has been a very long and detailed discussion about Quality Score by Googler Tanmay in the past. I would suggest you to read this thread atleast once, which is a real eye opener:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/m-p...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mainak,
To add to Abhishek & Pankaj's excellent answer, I would also offer this advice - As you're new to AdWords, focus less how the system is reporting your Keywords and focus more on the traffic you're receiving from AdWords. Is the traffic coming to your site converting to customers? Are users who click on your AdWords able to find what they're looking for and are you see an ROI from your AdWords investment? While Quality Score is very important to gaining efficiencies, ultimately you want to make sure that you're able to receive new customers and a positive ROI from your AdWords investment.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Mainik
I think you have steup your account within last 2-3 days. If this is the situation then please wait for some time and check your QS again.

Abhishek

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Read the Adwords Help post for more info:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mainak,

Quality Score is certainly one of the important and magical metric of Adwords account. There are lot of factors which are taken into consideration while calculating Quality Score. Most important and the core component is the CTR. Also note that initial Quality Score (when you actually build your account) is based on how well or how worse the other advertisers have been using those set of keywords in the past.

There has been a very long and detailed discussion about Quality Score by Googler Tanmay in the past. I would suggest you to read this thread atleast once, which is a real eye opener:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/m-p...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mainak,
To add to Abhishek & Pankaj's excellent answer, I would also offer this advice - As you're new to AdWords, focus less how the system is reporting your Keywords and focus more on the traffic you're receiving from AdWords. Is the traffic coming to your site converting to customers? Are users who click on your AdWords able to find what they're looking for and are you see an ROI from your AdWords investment? While Quality Score is very important to gaining efficiencies, ultimately you want to make sure that you're able to receive new customers and a positive ROI from your AdWords investment.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mainak,

As you said, you have recently started your campaign I suggest you spend some in time in observing your overall campaign performance. Analyse the clicks you are getting, check the bounce rate of your landing page, understand in-coming leads and importantly, analyse your spending. Once you are through with it, then focus on other aspects of QS and CTR of your keyword. This will also help you take useful measures to improve your CTR and QS. I hope this information helps.

Kapil M