AdWords
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is anonymous.google in AdWords Display Campaigns?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the list of automatic placements for my new display campaign, I'm seeing several of my ad groups getting impressions on the site listed as "anonymous.google". Does anyone know what this really means? 

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: anonymous.google?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi marin,

I'm not sure if this applies to yoru situation, but check out this article on how to block anonymous sites from your Display Campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,

please submit the article URL?

Thank you :-)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

You´ll find the answer to your question here:

I quote:

You might see placements marked as "123456.anonymous.google" in your results. Some publishers choose to offer placements anonymously and not disclose their site names to advertisers. Even though the publisher and website remain anonymous, you will still have access to the reporting statistics from the ad placement.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marin
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I don't know what Pete wanted to quote Smiley Happy but I found this way of dealing with anonymous adwords placements: http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/ (it's a post on my blog). There may be other ways, but I don't know them.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Calin! Your post was very insightful. Unforunately my predecessors did not link my Adwords and Analytics accounts together, sounds like that will be my next project! 

Best,

Marin

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I thought sure I had pasted the link into my post! Smiley Frustrated It was a Google article stating the same thing as the other answers here.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I suppose the big question is - is it anonymous because the site doesn't want it brand damaged by us common marketers knowing how to get our ads on its site meaning its a really good place to advertise. Or is it anonymous because it's dodgy and won't perform well. From what I have seen the anonymously labelled sites have a shed load of impressions so they are busy sites.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This older thread, last active in March 2013 has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread, and post a detailed question.

Thank you.