AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What is Different Between "Target and Bid Only" and "Bid Only" (Targeting) Method in Remarketing ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Friends, I am newbie on adword and want to know the difference between "target and bid only"  and "bid only" targeting method?? Please give me an example also, for better clarification. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

What is Different Between "Target and Bid Only" and "Bid Only" (Targeting) Method in Remarketing ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

With Target and bid the AND condition applies, while with Bid only the OR condition applies to the targeting methods.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Vicky M

“Target and bid”

• Restricts your ads to showing for the targeting method you’ve selected, like keywords
  • Allows you to set bids for individual targeting, like $2.00 for buy soccer balls

Affinity audience is Soccer Fans

Based on your Display keywords, your ads can now show on pages about soccer. However, you want to reach soccer fans specifically, so you target the affinity audience Soccer Fans and set both targeting methods to “Target and bid.”

“Bid only”

• Doesn’t restrict your ads to showing for the targeting method you’ve selected
  • Allows you to set bids for individual targeting, like $2.00 for Soccer Fans

Affinity audience is Soccer Fans

Using the same example as above, let’s say you have a preference for your ads to show to soccer enthusiasts but don’t want to limit your ads to this audience. You decide to do the following:

• Set Display keywords as "Target and bid" so your ads are shown based on your keywords.
  • Set “Interests & Remarketing” to “Bid only” with an increased bid on Soccer Fans to increase the chances your ads will show to people with that affinity audience.

for more go to https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

- zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How OR condition will be apply on Bid Only Method?

Can you give me an example? where OR condition apply on Bid only method ?

Also given me an example of AND Condition on Target and Bid Only Method. where AND condition apply

Re: What is Different Between "Target and Bid Only" and "Bid Only&quo

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Vicky M,

Target and Bid means that your ads can only show on the remarketing categories you pic. For example, if you select "Travel", then only people who have searched about travel before will see your ads. 

Bid only means that your ads will not only show for the people who have searched for "travel" information (like target and bid), it will also show for people who fit your other targeting methods (for example, if you have a list of keywords or topics) which is where the OR comes from that @MosheTLV mentioned. 

In short, Target and Bid narrows the amount of traffic because it only shows to a very select group of people. Bid only increases who can see your ad because ads will also show to people who fit your topic or keyword selections.

Here is a page written on this forum that may give more information.

I hope this helps!