AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What happened to my conversions?!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok, so this is suuuuper weird...

I have a landing page that was reliably converting 15(+) percent of the visitors to leads.

I don't know how you would feel, but I was pretty stoked about that!

Then suddenly, on Feb 5, the conversions STOPPED... cold.

I made several changes the day of the 4th, but nothing that affected the ad copy or the landing page.

In fact, I'm still running the same ads as before & getting the same CTR, but no conversions.

So I ask you...  Is it possible, somehow, that my changing location restrictions somehow filtered out my once ready-to-sign-up visitors and replaced them (with the same CTR) with obstanate ones?

Can anyone think of something I should check up on?

Puzzled,

Mateo

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happened to my conversions?!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mateo,

What I understood from your question is that you have made changes to the location settings in your campaign and since then you are not seeing conversions. Am I correct? If yes,
Can you please go to dimension tab in your campaign and check geographic report and user location report? you might have blocked the place from where you were getting conversions?

fine more about reports here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453994?hl=en

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mateo,

As you have said that after changing the location setting in the campaigns, your campaign stopped generating conversion. Can you look in your campaign what percentage your click and impression down after changing location.

If you are not receiving a single conversion, it means you have to perform a "test conversion" and see whether your lead form is working and AdWords record conversion or conversion code gets fired or not.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Rakesh,

Thanks for the reply. I have performed test conversions, and the system still is working. I'm still getting clicks from all the same (desired) geographical locations as before, and my CTR and total impressions haven't changed. I've thoroughly checked the ad inventory from the peak days where my landing pages were converting at 40-60% and there's been no change in ads or ad copy.

I've narrowed it down to one of two possibilities: Either 1) the location restrictions I've placed somehow changed my audience in a way that defies logic -or- I'm just struggling in vain to recapture a few fluke days (about 1 week) of peak conversion results.

I've decided to give it a few more days running as-is, and if conversions don't rebound I might test out resetting the location settings to their original state. I'll be sure to update this strand if I see an appreciable difference either way.

-Matt

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Well, I checked out the geographic report and didn't see a difference before/after. Thanks for the response Neha. I appreciate the feedback!

-Mateo

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mateo,
One thing to consider - do you use Google Analytics, or another web analytics program? If so, you might consider looking at your analytics account and looking at on-site behavior for this page. That could give you some insights on how your visitors are interacting with your site.