AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What extra can be done in text ads ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would like to know what are extra things that we can do in text ads.

Excluding Call extensions.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What extra can be done in text ads ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is a fun question - and I'm looking forward to more comments...

There are a number of extensions other than call extensions which should be added - sitelinks, location and call out extensions.

Most people agree that Using Capitalisation in Ad Copy improves the response...

and we should always take advantage of the display url to reinforce the sales message...

If our destination url is, for example,

http://widgets.mysite.com/blue/homeuse/cat3456/prod_id_46

Then the only part of the dest url that MUST appear is mysite.com so we then have up to the 35 character limit to add whatever text we want - so, for example:

mysite.com/BuyBlueWidgetsOnlineNow

We should always look to end our first descriptive line with . or ? or !

The reason? If this line has one of these punctuations, then it will be used as an extension of the headline when the ad appears in one of the top three positions making it much more eye-catching.

And finally (for now at least - I'm sure others will chip in) there are "trigger" words that we can use in our call to action to add urgency or commands such as Buy Now! or Order Today! or Get your Free Guide!

Hope these ideas help.

Re: What extra can be done in text ads ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
can clicks on "Call extension" on text be tracked ? if yes how