AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What does it mean if my average position is 0?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several keywords that show an avg. pos. of 0. My quality score is 7+, the ads are relevant to the keywords, everything states that ads are running for the keyword, my bid is reasonable relative to other performing KWs, etc. The only thing I can think of is that the kw was added recently (within the last week).

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What does it mean if my average position is 0?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tetra22

Let not confuse between avg, position and impressions. I understand that no impressions at all - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tetra22

Let not confuse between avg, position and impressions. I understand that no impressions at all - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting. Good catch...none of these KWs have impressions. I overlooked that as an issue. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If no impressions, and QS is reasonable -  try to higher the bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Is the story any different for Product Listing Ads (PLA)?. I have a whole bunch of ads, which have had impressions as well as clicks (they used to have non zero positions) but have an average position = 0. I tried bidding very low and yet they continue to receive position=0, even though the impressions/clicks do decrease as expected!

Thanks,

--Sudip.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello pidus;

Please open a new discussion  for your question. (This thread is closed). We will ask a PLA expert to answer.