AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What does it mean if my average position is 0?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several keywords that show an avg. pos. of 0. My quality score is 7+, the ads are relevant to the keywords, everything states that ads are running for the keyword, my bid is reasonable relative to other performing KWs, etc. The only thing I can think of is that the kw was added recently (within the last week).

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What does it mean if my average position is 0?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello tetra22

Let not confuse between avg, position and impressions. I understand that no impressions at all - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting. Good catch...none of these KWs have impressions. I overlooked that as an issue. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If no impressions, and QS is reasonable -  try to higher the bid

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Is the story any different for Product Listing Ads (PLA)?. I have a whole bunch of ads, which have had impressions as well as clicks (they used to have non zero positions) but have an average position = 0. I tried bidding very low and yet they continue to receive position=0, even though the impressions/clicks do decrease as expected!

Thanks,

--Sudip.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello pidus;

Please open a new discussion  for your question. (This thread is closed). We will ask a PLA expert to answer.