AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What display campaign topics exclusion category to use?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at placements from my campaign and a lot of placements are on what i would call fake news sites looking to get Adsense clicks. See link below. Is there a topic category that i can use to exclude such sites from showing my ads

http://screencloud.net/v/xmt6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
November 2015

Re: What display campaign topics exclusion category to use?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Eric..

there is no such list which can be downloaded rather you can try by excluding the topic like news and other which you think mostly fake sites category fall on. And not to forget you need to exclude in same campaign in which you are using the placement targeting.

Also you can exclude the site category option under which you can exclude parked domains and other irrelevant sites.

Hope that works

Ana

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Eric, how are things?

I don't think there's a Topic Category that you can exclude, but you definitely can add that placement as a negative one.

I know that you will probably have a lot of placements to add as negative ones, but from what I know, this is the way to go now.

This page might help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Leandro,
I have been excluding them one by one as they pop up on placement tab but was hoping to save time and $ and exclude them as a group.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I know the struggle...the best way that I found was to exclude them in bulk by using Adwords Editor. Other than that...I really can't tell.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I wonder if there is a list of such sites that can be downloaded/uploaded?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Eric..

there is no such list which can be downloaded rather you can try by excluding the topic like news and other which you think mostly fake sites category fall on. And not to forget you need to exclude in same campaign in which you are using the placement targeting.

Also you can exclude the site category option under which you can exclude parked domains and other irrelevant sites.

Hope that works

Ana