AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What did you do to the Daterange Selection? Please change it back!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that AdWords UI change the functionality of the Daterange Selection. Now it takes me 3+ clicks to do what I previously did in 1 or 2 clicks, please chanhge it back to the way it was or give us an option to use that UI.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What did you do to the Daterange Selection? Please change it back!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good afternoon, Maxroizer - 

It's true that it takes more clicks to set up a data range now, but the new options that were added are, I think, worth the extra effort. In particular, the ability to compate date ranges is very useful.

Just my opinion.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Teresa,

I agree Date Range Comparison is indeed useful. 

However that feature could have been added to the already existing menu system with as few clicks as possible. Note that it takes the same number of clicks to do Custom Date Range. Take a look at this screenshot:

Google AdWords Date Change Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem is not the feature. The problem is the ham-fisted way that it was implemented in the user interface. It makes no sense to make it harder to select by date for the odd occasion that date comparison is used. Especially as date comparison only works in the charts view, and I have that turned off. 

4 or 5 clicks plus a slider drag, instead of 1 to do the same thing doesn't make sense.