AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What are these placement suggestions and how can I use them?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

In display planner when you research for placement ideas, it gives many suggestions like these-

e69ca1b767c2a383.anonymous.google
64228a96ff2635de.anonymous.google
94d1c8436cb72a03.anonymous.google
71c125311a68ac9e.anonymous.google
71322d06f5f953cb.anonymous.google

Can these urls be added under placement targeting? If yes, any idea what google website I am targeting?

Thanks

-Rohit

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What are these placement suggestions and how can I use them?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rohit,

Those placements can be added and targeted by you.
Those sites are sites that are displaying your ad but have chosen not to share data with you.

I assume trying to find out what sites those are will be against a policy somewhere, but there are ways to find out using analytics and certain work arounds. It is not worth the effort though, and rather just go on the actual numbers that the ad is bringing in.

Of course you could just exclude all anonymous.google sites from your display campaign.
Learn how to exclude them here:
https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Re: What are these placement suggestions and how can I use them?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Rohit,

The placements under 'anonymous.google.com' are basically different platforms under Google where your ads have been shown. There is no point in adding these as placements as these are not fixed URL's and are dynamically generated. You would not be targeting a specific URL which is converting for you if you tried to execute this.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"