AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

What are the difference between CTA overlay and Inplayer overlay ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What is the difference between CTA overlay (in the old Trueview Insearch) and An inplayer overlay (in the old Trueview Indisplay)?

Recently I know that Insearch and Indisplay has merged to the same name and both are now called Indisplay - Hence this might have an impact on what is being called different names and what also might be actually available - Any help is appreciated.   

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy W
September 2015

Re: What are the difference between CTA overlay and Inplayer overlay ?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy W, 

Call to Action overlays are avaliable for video plays across YouTube (whether the video play is triggered by a video ad or not). You can read more about this feature at this link.

Text In-Video ads are text ads that are set up in AdWords Online Campaigns. They should be targeted to YouTube.com in order to show there. Text In-Video ads are paid while CTAs are free. You can tell the difference between a CTA and a text ad as an add will state "Ads by Google"

I would also reccomend going over this great article which outlines TrueView video ads and all of the technical specs that go along with them (where ads appear, video options, etc.)

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy W
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy W, 

Call to Action overlays are avaliable for video plays across YouTube (whether the video play is triggered by a video ad or not). You can read more about this feature at this link.

Text In-Video ads are text ads that are set up in AdWords Online Campaigns. They should be targeted to YouTube.com in order to show there. Text In-Video ads are paid while CTAs are free. You can tell the difference between a CTA and a text ad as an add will state "Ads by Google"

I would also reccomend going over this great article which outlines TrueView video ads and all of the technical specs that go along with them (where ads appear, video options, etc.)

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kathleen - Absolutely great reply - Specific, clear and helpful - Well done!

This clears up the reason for my question - Which was generated by a Youtube video produced for (Youtube) Agencies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yn1j-cN1Zc At time 13:50 - It does not make it clear that this was not a trueview ad - But rather a text ad in adwords ad unit (But choosing to run it over Youtube ad slots) - If you get chance just take a look and confirm my suspicions are confirmed that the video missed out the subtle difference you have introduced and not something else - Thanks again - Really Good work!