AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Website description.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I am having a strange problem my website, the description from site says

Isle of Wight, Photography, Photographer, Patrick Eden, Marine, Editorial, Aerial, Advertising, Picture Library, News, PR, Sports,

When I do an organic search using say "Isle of Wight Photographer" the description is

Photographer covering Isle of Wight scenes and events. Includes profile, news, gallery, and information on stock photography and ordering.

The bottom description is nowhere in the html of my site which is hosted by Photoshelter. So my question is where is Google getting this from? My previous website/host? Even Photoshelter cannot find the reason.

Any ideas?

Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website description.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Patrick,
Since this is a Adwords Community, we can't help on other issues of your website. If you have any questions related to Adwords try to post it here.

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Patrick,
Google is pulling this data most likely from DMOZ (or another directory source).
As John Paul Sing mentioned, you'll get more info on the Google Webmaster Central forum here - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
This must be the meta description tag, remove or edit it. In the absence of it search engine generally will create the search snippet from other element of the page. Check the webmaster forum for more info as Dave and John suggested.