AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Website call conversions - Google forwarding number

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I would like to use website call conversion for my campaigns and I have placed Google snippet of code on my website. Currently I have call extension number for mobile users for click to call and I have other phone numbers on my desktop site.

If some body call by seeing Google forward number on my website for which number Google will forward the call? is it call extension number or phone number which is there on my website?

Thanks,

Satya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website call conversions - Google forwarding number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Satya,

Your website call conversion works in conjunction with your call extension which is using Google forwarding number. So the idea is when some user see your ad online using that number and clicks on it, the same number will be displayed by Google on the website landing page, which you are using thereby replacing your original phone number.

More details about how to set up the website call conversion are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites

Also, as far as my understanding goes, this process works with unique telephone number which you are displaying on your website and using it as call extension with Google forwarding number option enabled.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Pankaj,

I am Not understanding your statement "So the idea is when some user see your ad online using that number and clicks on it, the same number will be displayed by Google on the website landing page, which you are using thereby replacing your original phone number."

I hope you are not understand my point. I am giving brief explanation here -

Currently I am using XXX-XXX-1111 number for call extension for click to call. in my website I am having other number let say XXX-XXX-2222 and I placed Google snippet code for website call conversion. In this scenario, Google will display its forwarding number (XXX-XXX-3333) on my website instead of my number on site ( XXX-XXX-2222). If user sees my ad on desktop and Google display its forwarding number (XXX-XXX-3333) if user calls then Google will forward the call to XXX-XXX-1111 or XXX-XXX-2222?

Satya

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Satya,

As I said above, you should be using the same phone number with your call extension as well on your website. At least I have done this using the method I explained i.e. same phone number.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am using different numbers. in this scenario which number Google will forward the call?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That's why I said that this process is applicable in one-to-one scenario. So you should use the same number as call extension and same on your website to try this feature.