AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Website Clicks from In-Stream Video ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a video campaign, and getting a good number of 'website clicks' through the in-stream channel, accoridng to the stats.

However this doesn't seem to tally with Gogogle Analytics, where I can see no sign of any traffic coming from the ad.

So my questions are...

What traffic source should I be looking at to see these clicks? Do destination URLs for Video ads get auto-tagged? (wherever they should be, I fear they are not showing up at all in my case as I'd notice the spike)

Is there any known reason why these 'website clicks' shouldn't be showing up as visits in Analytics?

I notice an old post mentioning the same issue - never porperly resolved: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/campaign-management/J1VOY5hcLfE

Thanks for any help,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author filtay
September 2015

Re: Website Clicks from In-Stream Video ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Phil,

I ran a video campaign and I might not have the right answer but I do have some idea and I hope this helps you out.

• The traffic source for these campaigns will be AdWords or Paid Search as you run them via AdWords
  • I don't think you can tag those URLs, at least I was not able to
  • As I said these website visits will be under AdWords or Paid Search

I really hope this helps you out and do let us know if I am wrong and if you get the right answer.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author filtay
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Phil,

I ran a video campaign and I might not have the right answer but I do have some idea and I hope this helps you out.

• The traffic source for these campaigns will be AdWords or Paid Search as you run them via AdWords
  • I don't think you can tag those URLs, at least I was not able to
  • As I said these website visits will be under AdWords or Paid Search

I really hope this helps you out and do let us know if I am wrong and if you get the right answer.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a mil Neeti... I think I've identified them now with that guidance, under Traffic Source: google / cpc > Ad Content: 'not set'... traffic for that group seems to tally pretty well with the apparent website clicks.

Phil

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Having the same issue here.

I guess auto-tagging is not working for "Video for AdWords"-ads? At least I can´t see any of these campaigns in Analytics.

Can´t find any stats whatsoever for them actually.

Don´t even understand which is the link in the ad that is supposed to get the click? - as links to external webpages are not allowed in YouTube videos?!?