AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Website Call Conversions reported at keyword level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm doing some tests to see whether Website Call Conversions will suit my client's needs and with the few test calls that I've made the calls appear to be reported at keyword level.

I have 1 conversion setup on a test website which is triggered when a call is made to a Call Extension. These conversions appear in the Keyword tab next to the keyword that drove the traffic.

So, I have 2 questions.

1. The Call Details report in the Dimensions tab only shows the calls at Ad Group level, is this likely to include the keyword at any point?

2. My client is likely to generate a large amount of traffic via AdWords and has a pretty large number of keywords over a few different Ad Groups, can Google really provide keyword level reporting for those conversions? Just that will use a vast amount of telephone numbers (if my understanding is correct)!

I have read differing answers on whether the calls will be reported at keyword level, some saying they will, some saying that it would take too many telephone numbers. My limited testing is showing that it will, but I thought it would be worth checking before I recommend they give the go ahead!

Thanks,

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon P
September 2015

Re: Website Call Conversions reported at keyword level

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. WCC will tell you in the AW interface columns which keywords resulted in conversions.

I haven't used it in a while so I wouldn't be able to tell you how granular it is in regards to reporting the exact search term inside something like Google Analytics. You should nonetheless be able to see your current keywords and Search Term Report queries as showing which ones converted and whatnot.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I recommend you try and more robust keyword-level call tracking solution.

Here are a few:

www.callrail.com (I personally use them. They are AWESOME.)

www.ifbyphone.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need to be able to go back to them with a recommendation, are you suggesting that WCC cannot provide keyword level data for telephone calls? Because from my limited testing it would seem as though it can.

They don't need call recordings, IVRs or anything like that.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No I'm not suggesting that. What I am suggesting is the following:

WCC isn't as robust, well documented or well supported as something like CallRail, for example.

The fact of the matter is that knowing which keywords lead to phone call conversions is probably one of the most important pieces of data you can get. You can't skim on something as important IMHO.

The best proof of the point I'm making is the current situation you are in. If you needed help with WCC, you would call AW support, and you might get a canned response from someone who put forward their best effort but isn't an expert in WCC, call tracking or the likes.

I can't overstate it enough... If your primary goal with AdWords is generating phone call leads, a third-party call tracking system is a must.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info!

I'm aware of call tracking solutions and their worth but my client is very set on using WCC. If WCC can provide keyword level data on their calls then it's what they will want to go for, regardless of the support provided.

And to be honest knowing whether WCC can provide keyword level data on calls would be good to know for the future anyway.

Any help on this point would be much appreciated.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon P
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. WCC will tell you in the AW interface columns which keywords resulted in conversions.

I haven't used it in a while so I wouldn't be able to tell you how granular it is in regards to reporting the exact search term inside something like Google Analytics. You should nonetheless be able to see your current keywords and Search Term Report queries as showing which ones converted and whatnot.

Best of luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help!