AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Weather Bid Scripts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Currently I am trying to run a weather bid script but have some questions, I am working with a company that sells rain coats for kids and usually the most sales come before the rain actually hits because of the weather forecast, is there a way for the script to trigger by forecast and not current weather?

Also how do you add a "main function" to the script I cannot seem to preview or save the script because I dont have a "main function" within the script.

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Studio8 S
September 2015

Re: Weather Bid Scripts

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Studio8,

You may get a better answer on our AdWords Scripts Forum. There are some expert script writers that should be able to help you. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Studio8 S
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Studio8,

You may get a better answer on our AdWords Scripts Forum. There are some expert script writers that should be able to help you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Studio8

Have you considered using a weather targeting tool instead of scripts?

Full disclosure - I work for WeatherAds - a weather targeting tool for AdWords. The advantage that something like WeatherAds has over scripts is that it requires no coding or IT knowledge to set up and run, whilst also offering much more powerful and flexible weather targeting options. We deal with clients from many weather sensitive industries (e.g. retail, fashion, travel, HVAC, etc) who are frustrated with the limitations of weather scripts - and migrate to our platform instead. 

This would be an easy way for you to target based on past, current, and forecast conditions. 

Hopefully this helps,

Thanks.