AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

We haven't detected the GA Remarketing functionality on your website

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi Community!

We haven't detected the Google Analytics Remarketing functionality on your website

What does this error mean?

This error means that you have created a remarketing list from Analytics account which is linked to your current AdWords account but there is something wrong with the code implementation on your website or your Analytics account settings that is causing this error and will not record any users in your remarketing list size.

Where will I see this error?

You will generally see this error when you go to Shared Library → Audiences → On the top right  corner widget you will see whether the remarketing analytics functionality is working fine or if there is an error with it.

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 5.54.50 PM.png

Why am I seeing this error and how do I troubleshoot this?

Here are steps you should take in order to troubleshoot this error:

For Analytics remarketing functionality to work for you, the old asynchronous Analytics tracking code will not work. The new Analytics code can be found by going to Admin in your Analytics account → Under Property Column click on Tracking info → Tracking Code. This code as it is needs to replace the old Analytics code by implementing it just above the closing head tag </head>

• Make sure Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features is turned ON

For the Analytics Remarketing functionality to work it is extremely important that this feature is turned on in your analytics account.

In order to do the same you will have to go to Admin tab on top in your Analytics account → In the Property column, click on Tracking Info, then click Data Collection → Under Data Collection for Advertising Features: To enable Remarketing, set Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features to ON.

You can refer to this article for more information.

Do I need to make any changes to the analytics code to enable remarketing for my AdWords account?

No. With the new upgrade in Analytics if you are using universal Analytics code (which is highly recommended as the old code might populate incorrect data and is not compatible with new Analytics features), all you need to ensure is that you have the code installed properly, you have Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features turned ON in your analytics account, you have a Remarketing list created in your analytics account and both Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked properly.

I checked both the points mentioned above and made appropriate changes but the widget still shows as error. Why is that so?

The widget at the bottom also shows when it was last updated. So, if you have made any changes don’t expect the widget to immediately change the status as it can take up to 24 hours time to update. So, please do check the last update time and then see if the error still persists.

I hope this helps, and let us know via a reply comment if you have any more questions.

-Shalini

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: We haven't detected the GA Remarketing functionality on your websi

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing this great resource Shalini!

Re: We haven't detected the GA Remarketing functionality on your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent post.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much seriously this post is juice for me or adword ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Amazing post, very informative!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

Regarding this topic, i tried and update my analytics accordingly but the widget still show: We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website.

Any other suggestion?  I used Universal analytics.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’