AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I have installed the Remarketing Tag via Tag Manager. Google Tag Assistance (Chrome) shows that the Remarketing Tag is working however at Shared Library of AdWords admin, I get the message "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website.". My site is www.nextsystems.eu

Any ideas? Does it takes some time to be activated?

Re: We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I see the same issue in GTM with Analytics. What is happening is that it looks for the specific remarketing tag on the site, but it can't find it because it only sees the GTM code (and doesn't look inside of GTM to see that Remarketing has been published), which changes the remarketing code.

I have seen the same problem when using third party software to install Google Analytics on Wordpress or something similar. Google Analytics can't verify the site, but you can still see visitors.

I wouldn't worry about it not having it verified if you can see that you are building a remarketing list. It is just a limitation that Remarketing, Analytics, and most verification tools have. Your best best is to use the "Preview and Debug" tool in GTM to see if the Remarketing tag is firing and then check back later in AdWords to make sure a list is being built.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer. How can I find "Preview and Debug" tool ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I wish I knew how to embed images, but when you are in a container, in the top right, there should be a drop-down that says "Preview". You will want to change it to "Update, Preview & Debug". Then go to your website to see if the tag is firing. You should see a GTM window at the bottom of your website that tells you what is firing and what isn't.

Make sure that after you ensure that your remarketing tag works, you will want to "create version" and then "publish" to make the changes live (those buttons are right next to the "Preview" button).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you once again. I did waht you said and I see status at GTM bottom
window: "Fired on Tag Manager Load"

But still at Google AdWords Shared Library I get the same message: We
haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2.jpg

AT ADWORDS SHARED LIBRARY

1.jpg

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ya. It will never "detect" it because it is looking for specific code that GTM replaced. If GTM says that it fired and you have published it, then you should be fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Finally Joe my tag is active at AdWords as well. So it takes 24 hours to appear. Thanks for your help.

tag-active.jpg

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
That's good to know! Thanks for the update!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Resurrecting an old thread ...

Can anyone confirm the recent status of this? When using the remarketing tag via Google Tag Manager, is it really safe to ignore the message in AdWords saying that "We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website".

My audience lists in Analytics are collecting members even though AdWords still shows that message about the tag not being detected.

Next S, if you're still around, I'm confused by your last reply. Did that message finally change even though you're using GTM? I think you posted some screenshots but they are no longer visible.