AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ways to set up RLSA Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Yesterday , I have started using this RLSA feature in our adwords campaign. What I have done  is added "search remarketing list" to the existing adgroup. Is this correct way to do it?

I have read many articles & adwords threads, I have few queries to ask.

1. Is it better to create separate camapign/adgroup for "search remarketing"?

2. Lets consider this scenario, I have two ad groups with same keyword sets. One adgroup with only keywords and another adgroup with same set of keywords & search remarketing list. Will there be a clash between these two ad groups since we are using same keywords.

3. If clash will be there, how to handle that? I read it on some threads saying add remarketing list as negative list. What does it mean? 

Looking forward for answers.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ways to set up RLSA Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dhivya M;

For convenience, (mainly reporting) - I would recommend to separate the two campaigns;

As for same keyword - they will indeed compete, and the ad with a higher ad-rank will be shown.

So the strategy to choose  / follow is whether to bid higher in RLSA or lower. If you bid higher, you assume that the user might convert the second time he/ she sees the ad.

If you bid lower: in this scenario   RLSA's goal is to collect the  residual traffic of users already visited the site, but chances to convert the second time are not high.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV , And also I wanted to know , will "custom combination list " will wok on RLSA campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Dhivya M;

If those are tag based  lists, OR rules based on visitors to the site - then: yes.

See the following help article;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’