AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ways to set up RLSA Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Yesterday , I have started using this RLSA feature in our adwords campaign. What I have done  is added "search remarketing list" to the existing adgroup. Is this correct way to do it?

I have read many articles & adwords threads, I have few queries to ask.

1. Is it better to create separate camapign/adgroup for "search remarketing"?

2. Lets consider this scenario, I have two ad groups with same keyword sets. One adgroup with only keywords and another adgroup with same set of keywords & search remarketing list. Will there be a clash between these two ad groups since we are using same keywords.

3. If clash will be there, how to handle that? I read it on some threads saying add remarketing list as negative list. What does it mean? 

Looking forward for answers.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ways to set up RLSA Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dhivya M;

For convenience, (mainly reporting) - I would recommend to separate the two campaigns;

As for same keyword - they will indeed compete, and the ad with a higher ad-rank will be shown.

So the strategy to choose  / follow is whether to bid higher in RLSA or lower. If you bid higher, you assume that the user might convert the second time he/ she sees the ad.

If you bid lower: in this scenario   RLSA's goal is to collect the  residual traffic of users already visited the site, but chances to convert the second time are not high.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV , And also I wanted to know , will "custom combination list " will wok on RLSA campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Dhivya M;

If those are tag based  lists, OR rules based on visitors to the site - then: yes.

See the following help article;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’