AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Want to place on top of results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get our paid ad at the top of the results for a few keywords since a competitor is poaching. I just set up an ad, it is says eligible, I bid the max CPC to be on top and i don't see the ad yet.

Is there a delay even though the ad says eligible, or am i missing a step?

Thank you.

Re: Want to place on top of results

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello jhfischer, 

Welcome to adwords community,

Go to keywords tab and hover mouse over speech bubble, and see status, Your ads is running or not. 

Other wise you can use ad preview tools. For more information Go with this link, 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Hope it helps you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

There is a lot more to position that just a bid. Your keyword quality score affects where you show up in the search results. This explains quality score pretty well. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en . There is also a delay (any where from a few minutes to a few hours) when you make a change and when it affects the search results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Drives me nuts that our own product and website which is the exact name of the keyword is beatout by Amazon.

Appreciate all the help!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

There is a little comment box/icon next to your Ad and also next to your keywords in the ad group. Check the keyword status and that'll tell you if the ad is being displayed for specific keywords.

If your ad is displayed, it may take time to get into the top 3 positions since your quality score will need to be calculated (especially for new ads and keywords)