AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Want to add categories in DSA through adwords editor.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I want to add categories in DSA campaigns but adwords editor doesn't show the list. Is there any way to add it through editor as I have to add differebt categories in number of ad groups.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Want to add categories in DSA through adwords editor.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Richa,

AdWords Editor won't show up categories for Dynamic Search Ads. You can manually ad categories there. But you will still need to log into the browser interface and check what categories AdWords identify on your website. If you do not get categories in the browser interface, you won't be able to use it in the Editor as well. 

Here's what Google says in this regard -

AdWords Editor allows you to post anything for the "Category" value. However, to ensure that your ads are targeted properly, we recommend that you check your AdWords account for categories that the Dynamic Search Ads system has identified. (Entering your own category instead of choosing from AdWords' categories might prevent the system from properly targeting sections of your website.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richa,

Yes there is no list for categories, you have to mention it manually through dynamic ads target tab in the editor and selecting category=.....

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Richa,

AdWords Editor won't show up categories for Dynamic Search Ads. You can manually ad categories there. But you will still need to log into the browser interface and check what categories AdWords identify on your website. If you do not get categories in the browser interface, you won't be able to use it in the Editor as well. 

Here's what Google says in this regard -

AdWords Editor allows you to post anything for the "Category" value. However, to ensure that your ads are targeted properly, we recommend that you check your AdWords account for categories that the Dynamic Search Ads system has identified. (Entering your own category instead of choosing from AdWords' categories might prevent the system from properly targeting sections of your website.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ratan,
Thanks for the response, but the categories option in my DSA campaign is not enabled and I can not enable it. I can only add the "All Webpages" section. Do you have any advice.