AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

View CPC, Search Term, Avg. Visitor Duration and Visits on same table?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Here is what I would like to do. 

I have a relatively small broad match set of keywords for my adwords campaign. I would like to look at my search terms and see if there are any words in the search terms which are not my keywords but:

1) Negatively affect my ads (example: low avg. visitor duration, high CPC) -> should add this as negative keyword
2) Positively affect my ads (example: high avg. visitor duration, low-med.  CPC) -> should add this as keyword

Just as a real life example, our website sells water filters. I have a keyword broad match "water filter". Average visitor duration is 3:30. But if someone google's for example  "how do water filters work" my add shows. So when I look at search terms that include the wildcard "how" I see average visitor duration is something like 18 seconds. So maybe adding "how" to negative keyword will increase my total avg. visitor duration and bring more relevant visitors. But I need to compare this avg. visitor duration with CPC for the wildcard "how" in my search terms just to see how much damage I am taking. Whew long sentence. 

So in a nutshell I need an excel table with the following in the columns: Search Term / Visits / Avg. CPC / Avg. Visitor Duration

Then I can write all types of nifty algorithms. But I can not access this data.

I have my Adwords and Analytics accounts linked. No problem working fine. 

If I go through Analytics I get:
Search Term, Avg. Visitor Duration and Visits 
-or-
Keyword, CPC, Avg. Visitor Duration and Visits 

If I go through Adwords, I go to Keywords -> Details -> Search Terms -> All: and I get
Search Term, CPC and Visits
-or-

As you can see I can not get (Search Term / Visits / Avg. CPC / Avg. Visitor Duration) on the same table.

When in Adwords, I click columns and no problem I can add/access Analytics data but if I am inside "Details -> Search Terms" it will not allow me to add Analytics data hence I can not get Avg. Visitor duration.

You can see from the picture from below link:

Anyone have any suggestions?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View CPC, Search Term, Avg. Visitor Duration and Visits on same ta

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Try the search terms report;
Follow detailed instructions here;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Bora

I see from your phrase

"If I go through Adwords, I go to Keywords -> Details -> Search Terms -> All: and I get

Search Term, CPC and Visits"

That you already know how to view the search terms report.

Also you have discovered that you cannot see imported analytics data like "Avg. Visit Duration" in the search terms report.

My guess is that you can view all those dimensions only if you pull the data from analytics using the API.
This free tools should help : 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV. Thanks for your reply. I am not sure if you read my post properly. I stated that the search term report does not help:

If I go through Adwords, I go to Keywords -> Details -> Search Terms -> All: and I get
Search Term, CPC and Visits
-or-

As you can see I can not get (Search Term / Visits / Avg. CPC / Avg. Visitor Duration) on the same table.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think with the current options from AdWords , bringing this information in the same table cannot be done.

Try posting also in the dedicated analytics forum, maybe the fellows there have a solution by using that product :

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics