AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Video ads. best practice

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I would like to know your video best practice. 

Soon I want to set live my new commercial video and as everyone I want to reach as much ppl as possible for low cost.

1. How should I filter to whom I could show the video are there any options? (Age, interest, keyword...). I want to my video to be shown only to relevant ppl.
  2. How much should I pay for one view at the beginning and then adjust the price? Is it ok for example set my budget 50€/day and for one view 0.20€ . Then lover the price of one view as much as I will be able to spend all 50€/day? Btw is this method good for text ads?
  3. How much do you usually pay for one view?
  4. I know I have to pay for click, but after what played time of the video I pay?
  5. How do you find out your video ad is effective?  Because in this case conversion doesn’t play big role.

Thank you

Find me at Google+ l LinkedIn

- Lukas

Re: Video ads. best practice

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

Please find my reply inline:

1. How should I filter to whom I could show the video are there any options? (Age, interest, keyword...). I want to my video to be shown only to relevant ppl.

-> Same as GDN targeting mode, on AdWords for Video you can target your audience based on Topic, Interest, Content Keyword, and Demographic

2.  How much should I pay for one view at the beginning and then adjust the price? Is it ok for example set my budget 50€/day and for one view 0.20€ . Then lover the price of one view as much as I will be able to spend all 50€/day? Btw is this method good for text ads?

-> The CPV rate is different for each targeting location / country. On my country, the CPV between USD 0,05 - USD 0,20 / view, it depends on your targeting mode. More specific targeting ads, you will pay more expensive.

3 & 4.  I know I have to pay for click, but after what played time of the video I pay?

-> For the AdWords for video, you dont pay for per click, but pay per one complete view.

You woll be charged after user watching your video completely or after the video played more than 30 second

5.  How do you find out your video ad is effective?  Because in this case conversion doesn’t play big role.

-> You can measure the effectiveness of your video ads by measuring view rates, sharing, and endorsement activity. And you can also use your AdWords conversion tracking to track the number of people who click on a video and do some action on your landing page. For more information about the measurement you can check on this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456138?hl=en

Also keep in mind, the AdWords for Video will be more effective to increase your brand awareness than to acquire the new leads.

Thank you,  Smiley Happy

@RyanBatchin 

Re: Video ads. best practice

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ryan,

could you please answer to:
Is it ok for example set my budget 50€/day and for one view 0.20€ . Then lover the price of one view as much as I will be able to spend all 50€/day? Btw is this method good for text ads?

What I really want to know: is it good to lower pirce for one view untill I am able to spend my daily budget or for some reason should I keep the price for one view higher?

Thank you
- Lukas