AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Video Advertising Exam

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have recently sat for the Video Advertising test twice and failed by the slimmest of margins each time (79%, 81%). I feel that the study guide associated with this particular test is inadequate in preparing someone to pass the test as a large amount of information presented on the test is not outlined in the study materials ie information on mastheads is not directly linked in the study guide at all. Perhaps if the study guide was more thorough people would feel more confident they could pass the test themselves without the aid of certain websites that provide various ways of cheating these exams. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author david h
September 2015

Re: Video Advertising Exam

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 15
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I missed around 5 questions, but by using the new documentation . I would recommend reading about the changes in adwords for video from this link before taking the exam  . There are many "before" and "after" details that could cause mistakes in the exam.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3481092?hl=en

View solution in original post

nfortunately

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi David,

I'm little bit agree with this. study guide is not directly linked So you need to work on practical too. Without running you own ads it's very difficult. Unfortunately this exam is not available in my country so i can't give more points on that. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

I will agree with you on this too. I also take this exam today and got 79% , It is difficult to pass this exam because most of the questions were not related to the material in the study guide.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Nouman T

Can you please share the URL from I can give exam. I found Material but didn't found option to give exam.

Thanks in Advance.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Kandrap,

Here is the link https://www.google.com/partners/#p_videoadscertification

Best of Luck,

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Agree me too got 79% crap..in each exam i scored 90 and above but this screwed me up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fear not David - some schmuck will post the questions and answers on a blog as link bait in no time.

As long as the answers are freely available and until this exam pulls random questions from a larger pool the exam has no value.

I personally feel this is a shame, as these exams have the potential to help legitimizing our profession.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This is what Im saying. I think that it definitely delegitimizes these exams and the certification process for the questions and answers to show up online so people can essentially just cheat these, become certified and have no real/working knowledge of the program. I even saw a site where a guy will accept payment to pass the exams for you, all you have to do is email him your login info.

However, I took one of the practice exams on a certain site for the Advanced Search exam and MANY of the answers it claimed were correct were wrong. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but I find it hard to trust those sites over just careful reading, outlining and studying the exam guides. I just wish the video advertising guide better prepared me for the test.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you notice they made the exams with the new format have a question that is not 'selectable'? Seems like a simple, but useful, way to make it less easy for people to just copy paste questions verbatim.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I would say that the Exam material is sufficient to pass the exam, Most of the questions I came across are straightforward from the available material.

Just make sure to check all the lessons in the 3 modules and all the included URLS in each lesson.