AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Video Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I would like to know what the difference is between setting up a Video Campaign as opposed to creating a video ad under a GDN Campaign?

Video Campaigns are kept separate from Search and GDN Campaigns so I just wanted to see if there was a difference or not.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah T
September 2015

Re: Video Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The difference lies in the targeting and the inventory.

When you run video ads via GDN, you are restricted to showing your ads only on placements which allow video ads to be published on their website. Also, have these ads have limited formats.

However, when you choose to run video ads via Video campaign, you can choose to run your ads on GDN and on YouTube. So basically, the whole of YouTube inventory is open to you. Not just that,you have more format to choose from, specially on YT. It also makes more sense, since it is on YouTube that people go to watch video. Even on normal placements, its always a YT plugin.

The key advantage of of Video campaign is the pricing model CPV that is available. You only pay if a user chooses to see your ad. Not just that reporting and engagement statistics are much better in a Video campaign.

Personally, I would choose a Video campaign over a normal video ad in a GDN campaign and I would recommend the same to you!

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah T
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The difference lies in the targeting and the inventory.

When you run video ads via GDN, you are restricted to showing your ads only on placements which allow video ads to be published on their website. Also, have these ads have limited formats.

However, when you choose to run video ads via Video campaign, you can choose to run your ads on GDN and on YouTube. So basically, the whole of YouTube inventory is open to you. Not just that,you have more format to choose from, specially on YT. It also makes more sense, since it is on YouTube that people go to watch video. Even on normal placements, its always a YT plugin.

The key advantage of of Video campaign is the pricing model CPV that is available. You only pay if a user chooses to see your ad. Not just that reporting and engagement statistics are much better in a Video campaign.

Personally, I would choose a Video campaign over a normal video ad in a GDN campaign and I would recommend the same to you!

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you NeetiGhildiyal Smiley Happy

I have already setup a Video Campaign but was just wondering whether there were any differences from setting it up under a GDN Campaign.

Thank you for your explanation and help.

Have a nice day!