AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Variables in text ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey AdWords PPL,

I have a looot of text ads with different prices and discounts.

Can I set a variable in text ad, so later I just change price/discount on one place and automaticaly it will change price/discount where the variables would be used?

Thank you

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Variables in text ads

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ugh, The AdWords API... Are you a skilled programmer Lukas? If not, then go to school to learn how to be a programmer, then spend another several years learning the API. Smiley Happy In the meantime...

Here's a tip about marketing and advertising - Do NOT put pricing in your ads as far as dollar amounts, unless you are absolutely certain you have the lowest price points of all your competitors, and you are in the business of selling "cheap junk". Smiley Happy

Quality, availability, longevity, experience, convenience - Write ads that make people say - "That speaks to me personally". You have far more resources to try and make the sale onsite than you do with the 95 characters (+ 35 character display URL) in a text ad.
Get people to the site, give them options, and let them make their own decision.
Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey , this is Itai from Infolinks. I just came across this thread. I want to encourage you to try our In-Text ads alongside AdSense, as our publishers find this is the best combination for higher monetization for their content. You can implement us alongside with other In-Text ad providers, but I don't recommend it. Please keep in mind that by using another In-Text provider on the same page with Infolinks, you reduce your CTR and lower your CPM. In order to earn maximum revenues with In Text ads, I suggest you to work with one provider only. Questions? Contact us at XXXXXXXX.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lukas, 

You may use Param formula in ad text to do so, for more info check this link: 

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201402/AdParamService

Best,

Aj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
where/how can I define values?
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ugh, The AdWords API... Are you a skilled programmer Lukas? If not, then go to school to learn how to be a programmer, then spend another several years learning the API. Smiley Happy In the meantime...

Here's a tip about marketing and advertising - Do NOT put pricing in your ads as far as dollar amounts, unless you are absolutely certain you have the lowest price points of all your competitors, and you are in the business of selling "cheap junk". Smiley Happy

Quality, availability, longevity, experience, convenience - Write ads that make people say - "That speaks to me personally". You have far more resources to try and make the sale onsite than you do with the 95 characters (+ 35 character display URL) in a text ad.
Get people to the site, give them options, and let them make their own decision.
Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey , this is Itai from Infolinks. I just came across this thread. I want to encourage you to try our In-Text ads alongside AdSense, as our publishers find this is the best combination for higher monetization for their content. You can implement us alongside with other In-Text ad providers, but I don't recommend it. Please keep in mind that by using another In-Text provider on the same page with Infolinks, you reduce your CTR and lower your CPM. In order to earn maximum revenues with In Text ads, I suggest you to work with one provider only. Questions? Contact us at XXXXXXXX.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@Tom,

We have programmers so that not a prob.

Thanks for the tip. I know how to use AW experiment and decide based on ROI if should use service price. But I got your point.

- Lukas

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Thank you for posting on our forum. However you are not allowed to promote any products or services here as it is against the Community guidelines. If you have a question or issue about your Adwords account, please feel free to post a description on our forums. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove your emails and/or phone numbers from the post.

*Avoid self-promotion
This user-to-user community is not intended as a place for members to solicit business by promoting their products or services, even if they are AdWords-related. (Your profile is your dedicated space to include any information you wish to share with others, so feel free to use it.) Please don’t create posts that solicit business or use a signature as a means of promoting your business.

This thread was removed by a Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.