AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Value of re-marketing to vísitors who bounce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently I ownly re-market to only visitors to more the one page of my website.  Does anyone have thoughts on remarketing to bouncers versus non-bouncers?  The business I am marketing is a small hotel and, for me to only focus on conversions, I feel I am missing the big picture and my focus is to narrow.  Ideally, of course I would just market to everyone, but as always.... Budget :-(

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin B
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I suspect that as a general rule a non-bouncer is a better prospect than a bouncer - it makes sense.

So if budget is a factor then, yes, I would be tempted to max out on non-bouncers first, and then spend surplus on the bouncers...

There are all kinds of reasons why someone would bounce, or not bounce. When I'm looking for a hotel I will often have multiple windows open as I compare. And I will often give up in a single session without having made a decision - only to return again the next day and start all over again. If you caught me between these sessions with a captivating offer you could probably convert me there and then.

But, as always it would pay you to test. Try setting up two campaigns, one that targets non-bouncers and one that targets bouncers - run the numbers and see....

Then come back and tell us!!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is a vertical in which users, typically, research before converting (i.e making a reservation). So I would re-market to users who bounced.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree.  I'd remarket to everyone.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @colin b,

We also re-market to everyone. They've seen our client's brand and website... and we want to stay in touch until we can win them over as a customer for life. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate everyone's input.  I agree that in a perfect situation would be to re-market to everyone.  But if you had to choose, would non-bouncers have more value than bouncers?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin B
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I suspect that as a general rule a non-bouncer is a better prospect than a bouncer - it makes sense.

So if budget is a factor then, yes, I would be tempted to max out on non-bouncers first, and then spend surplus on the bouncers...

There are all kinds of reasons why someone would bounce, or not bounce. When I'm looking for a hotel I will often have multiple windows open as I compare. And I will often give up in a single session without having made a decision - only to return again the next day and start all over again. If you caught me between these sessions with a captivating offer you could probably convert me there and then.

But, as always it would pay you to test. Try setting up two campaigns, one that targets non-bouncers and one that targets bouncers - run the numbers and see....

Then come back and tell us!!