AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Value of re-marketing to vísitors who bounce?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently I ownly re-market to only visitors to more the one page of my website.  Does anyone have thoughts on remarketing to bouncers versus non-bouncers?  The business I am marketing is a small hotel and, for me to only focus on conversions, I feel I am missing the big picture and my focus is to narrow.  Ideally, of course I would just market to everyone, but as always.... Budget :-(

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is a vertical in which users, typically, research before converting (i.e making a reservation). So I would re-market to users who bounced.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree.  I'd remarket to everyone.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @colin b,

We also re-market to everyone. They've seen our client's brand and website... and we want to stay in touch until we can win them over as a customer for life. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate everyone's input.  I agree that in a perfect situation would be to re-market to everyone.  But if you had to choose, would non-bouncers have more value than bouncers?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin B
June

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I suspect that as a general rule a non-bouncer is a better prospect than a bouncer - it makes sense.

So if budget is a factor then, yes, I would be tempted to max out on non-bouncers first, and then spend surplus on the bouncers...

There are all kinds of reasons why someone would bounce, or not bounce. When I'm looking for a hotel I will often have multiple windows open as I compare. And I will often give up in a single session without having made a decision - only to return again the next day and start all over again. If you caught me between these sessions with a captivating offer you could probably convert me there and then.

But, as always it would pay you to test. Try setting up two campaigns, one that targets non-bouncers and one that targets bouncers - run the numbers and see....

Then come back and tell us!!