AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Value Track Parameters for display campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What' s the use of value track parameters ? It seems useful for google analytics reports (to tracks the metrics from an display campaign such as : target, kw, ad)  to avoid the simple dimension "content targeting" but for adwords display reports , the Value track parameters seems to be reduntant ? Isn't ?

Tks a lot  to clarify...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Value Track Parameters for display campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi garguier s,

Value track parameters are most useful for tracking with other than Google Analytics, such as 3rd party web log analysis or for internal tracking systems.

Otherwise, they are redundant with auto-tagging. If you are using Analytics, auto-tagging is all you need.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi garguier s,

Value track parameters are most useful for tracking with other than Google Analytics, such as 3rd party web log analysis or for internal tracking systems.

Otherwise, they are redundant with auto-tagging. If you are using Analytics, auto-tagging is all you need.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi petebardo,

Tks a lot for these explanations, i assume that it's normal to get "content targeting" when you look at google analytics reports with sorting by keyword as main variable as GAnalytics don't track the keyword such as the search. ...Clear enough for me now !