AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using "iPhone" in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a small websjop that sells covers and stuff to the iPhone. However as far as I can understand I am not allowed to use the word "iPhone" in my adds. Can I get any special permission to use it? I see other advertisers use it every once in a while.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Using "iPhone" in ad

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Great tip by Neha there, the Trademark Authorisation Form (being filled out on your behalf by the trademark owner) would allow you to use the term iPhone in your ads. 

However, if you are targeting the UK, Ireland, USA, and Canada, you may also be eligible for the reseller test, which could allow you to use the term in your ad text, if you pass the reseller test. This link explains this in more detail. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Caulnian;

iPhone is a trade-name of Apple.

As far as my knowledge: Apple has not approved the usage within the ad text

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Caulnian,

Please check How can I get permission to use a trademarked term?

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Great tip by Neha there, the Trademark Authorisation Form (being filled out on your behalf by the trademark owner) would allow you to use the term iPhone in your ads. 

However, if you are targeting the UK, Ireland, USA, and Canada, you may also be eligible for the reseller test, which could allow you to use the term in your ad text, if you pass the reseller test. This link explains this in more detail. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Please note that though, in general, the authorization form is the solution, I have not included the link in my first answer, since, in this specific case of Apple, Apple does NOT approve the use of its trade names. (So, that would be impractical to the user in this specific case)

We had a previous discussion on Apple's trade names in the community:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Extended-Use-of-Trademarked-Ter...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Using "iPhone" in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ả ờ t you want me