AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using a script within an Ad's copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dynamic ad that shows the date of the next upcoming Sunday within my Ad's text (e.g. today it would show the date 15 March 2015).

I've managed to create a script that outputs this date, but I'm not sure on where/how to save this script on ad words and how I can refer to this script when creating my ad. I'm not entirely sure if what I'm trying to do is possible?

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using a script within an Ad's copy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simon,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There are two ways ads texts can be modified dynamically - ad customizers or DKI. However, there's one more called Ad Parameterizer, I don't know if it can be helpful. 

Have you tried asking this question in AdWords scripts forum? Here it is - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-scripts

All the best!

However, 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Using a script within an Ad's copy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Jon_Gritton might help you with his comments since this is a AdWords script related question, in addition to informative response from Ratan above.

Pankaj