AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using a script within an Ad's copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dynamic ad that shows the date of the next upcoming Sunday within my Ad's text (e.g. today it would show the date 15 March 2015).

I've managed to create a script that outputs this date, but I'm not sure on where/how to save this script on ad words and how I can refer to this script when creating my ad. I'm not entirely sure if what I'm trying to do is possible?

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using a script within an Ad's copy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simon,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There are two ways ads texts can be modified dynamically - ad customizers or DKI. However, there's one more called Ad Parameterizer, I don't know if it can be helpful. 

Have you tried asking this question in AdWords scripts forum? Here it is - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-scripts

All the best!

However, 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Using a script within an Ad's copy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Jon_Gritton might help you with his comments since this is a AdWords script related question, in addition to informative response from Ratan above.

Pankaj