AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using Negative keyword in a Domain Name from Adwords list

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

I have gone through many negative keyword lists that people recommend to add in an Adwords account.

One such negative word is "free".

Consider that I'm selling Samsung Phones, and I've added "free" as a negative keyword to my adwords keyword list.

If a site whose domain name consists this negative keyword: example: www.freexyz.com

Will my Adwords ad shown on this freexyz.com? or not?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Using Negative keyword in a Domain Name from Adwords list

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Using keywords for the display network is for matching the theme of your ad to the content of a webpage. Using negative keywords makes it less likely that your ad will show within the content of a webpage. So, using a negative keyword will not necessarily keep your ad from showing on a website with a similar domain name unless the overall theme is similar to the negative keyword.

You can, however, Exclude Specific Websites from showing your ad.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Using keywords for the display network is for matching the theme of your ad to the content of a webpage. Using negative keywords makes it less likely that your ad will show within the content of a webpage. So, using a negative keyword will not necessarily keep your ad from showing on a website with a similar domain name unless the overall theme is similar to the negative keyword.

You can, however, Exclude Specific Websites from showing your ad.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to the above answer; I do not recommend using negative keywords on a display campaign

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’