AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using Keyword Planner on Google adwords (Confused)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please help me out, I'm confused on the results that I'm getting...

Using Keyword Planner on Google adwords, I did a kw research for "closets hackensack nj" and it came back with no data at all. However when I put the kw "closets" only and I set the Targeting location to "hackensack nj" it came back with "10 searches" How are these 2 different? Can I still say that "closets hackensack nj" got 10 average monthly searches?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllanPaul R
September 2015

Re: Using Keyword Planner on Google adwords (Confused)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Allan,

No, you can't assume that the keyword "closets hackensack nj" has 10 average monthly searchs.

Keyword Planner will search for the monthly volume for the keyword exactly as it is written, so the word "closets hackensack nj" is not the same as just "closets".

You see, people inside hackensak nj area probably just look for "closets" when searching for this on google, instead of including the name of the area together within the query.

You should hope to find searches for "closets hackensack nj" probably for people OUTSIDE hackensack area.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllanPaul R
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Allan,

No, you can't assume that the keyword "closets hackensack nj" has 10 average monthly searchs.

Keyword Planner will search for the monthly volume for the keyword exactly as it is written, so the word "closets hackensack nj" is not the same as just "closets".

You see, people inside hackensak nj area probably just look for "closets" when searching for this on google, instead of including the name of the area together within the query.

You should hope to find searches for "closets hackensack nj" probably for people OUTSIDE hackensack area.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot!