AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using ID field for Targeting in Product Listing Ads

CTS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
CTS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating an Ad Group as a subset of all my product listing ads (merchant center feed), and I am setting the targeting parameters, so that only one kind of product will display when my keywords trigger ad display. Is the ID parameter for a single ID (eg. product), or can I use multiple IDs so that several products are eligible to display? It says ID not IDs, so not sure if that means singular. 

For this range of products, people rarely search with enough specificity (eg. size) to make one-to-one product/target ad groups. I would prefer one ad group set of keywords that triggers this range of products with all sizes.

If I could just get an ad to trigger, I could answer my own question, but as of yet, I haven't seen one, even after using the recommended PPC budget for 1st page display.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Using ID field for Targeting in Product Listing Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CTS,

Id targeting is somewhat new. You can only target one id. You can use Adwords_label or adwords_grouping to filter your products.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CTS,

Id targeting is somewhat new. You can only target one id. You can use Adwords_label or adwords_grouping to filter your products.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

CTS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
CTS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete, I feared as much. Unfortunately the label and grouping tags aren't in our feed, and not easily added.