AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using ExitAPI in a HTML5 ad banner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have created a banner using HTML5 with a form element, which accepts few inputs, like your preffered color, type, etc.
The whole banner is not clickable, only the submit button, which I achieved by adding "onclick="ExitApi.exit()"" to the button.

All of this works fine, but now my question is, how flexible is this ExitApi?

Whenever I click the submit button, I want to append the generated parameters to the final url, which is set through AdWords.

Using the adwords preview I can see that during the redirect the last parameter is 'adurl' which contains my final destination. 
Editing this manually and just typing in the parameters helps me achieve what I want, but how would I be able to append using the ExitApi js library, if that's even possible?

I also tried using a CTA through GWD using something like 'gwd.actions.gwdDoubleclick.exitOverride('gwd-ad', 'clickTag', 'http://example.com/index.php?some=var'+params, true, true);', which hasn't worked and is also limiting as it forces the developer to set the url through the banner.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks,
Edvinas
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edvinas S
September 2015

Re: Using ExitAPI in a HTML5 ad banner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Edvinas. Unfortunately, multiple exit URLs are not supported in the AdWords environment. Doubleclick, on the other hand, can handle them.

https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409

There are many nice components in GWD which could use different URLs, but they can't be deployed in AdWords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edvinas S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Edvinas. Unfortunately, multiple exit URLs are not supported in the AdWords environment. Doubleclick, on the other hand, can handle them.

https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409

There are many nice components in GWD which could use different URLs, but they can't be deployed in AdWords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,

Trying to understand few points regarding HTML5 banner ads.

1. What exit event do i use in GWD?
2. Should the exiturl be the the same as provided in the Google adwords destination url space
3. If no, can i place my exiturl as google.com and will the google adwords be able to auto trigger it

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Edvinas.

Im also trying to append paramaters to the ExitApi. Did you ever get it to work?

Best,

Javier