AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Using Convertion Tracking Code for Remarketing?

IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am just wondering whether I will still need to add a remarketing tag on my thank you page, eventhough there is already a conversion tracking code.

So, can the conversion tracking code also be used for a remarketing list?

Thanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Using Convertion Tracking Code for Remarketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you only want to target visitors who converted on your website, you can use a remarketing list composed of those people alone.

Create a new remarketing list, and select the name of the conversion in the "Select from existing tags" section.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you only want to target visitors who converted on your website, you can use a remarketing list composed of those people alone.

Create a new remarketing list, and select the name of the conversion in the "Select from existing tags" section.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply!

And what about when you want to use one page for 2 remarketing lists in 2 different accounts?

Do there need to be 2 remarketing tags on this specific page? Or is there an option to share those tags in those AW accounts?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello IsI,

Its little confusing for me what you are asking here. Did you mean to say that you are managing 2 separate Adwords accounts for same business or rather same website?

If yes, then kindly make a note of it that it's strictly prohibited.

If not meaning that both businesses are different on 2 separate Adwords accounts, then you will have to include the remarketing tags generated separately for both accounts.

Follow this for best practices on remarketing.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
IsI
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am aware that having 2 accounts for the same business is prohibited.

However it concerns 2 accounts that target different locations. Each account generates a different tag for remarketing and I was wondering whether those can be shared between accounts, so there is no need to put 2 tags on the page.

After all, they will track the same data from that page. After that I will set the remarketing campaign settings to different locations so the people in one location will be able to see a different ad than the people on the other location.

But I understand from your answer sharing the collected remarketing data cannott be shared across accounts?

ISI