AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Use previous ads in GDN, but the traffic decreased a lot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I helped a client to manage a display account. but now there is a strange thing happen.

In Jan, the display ads have good traffic. High impression, Good CTR.

At the beginning of Feb, we launched a new promotion ads. Also have good performance.

But since 18th. Feb, promotion ends, so we changed back to use those old ads of Jan. but now they can't bring much traffic. The spending of the last week was much less than it spent in one day in Jan...(didn't change the budget and biding price)

I don't know the reason...

Could you help to give me a clue?

Thank you

Best regards,

Shirley

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wong S
September 2015

Re: Use previous ads in GDN, but the traffic decreased a lot

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Losing on impression share is most likely because you are already losing on overall exposure. What would be more important to look here is - what are you losing on? Rank or Budget?

Check if you are losing on rank, if so, increase your bids. If you are losing on budget, increase your daily budget. 

Additionally, if you are targeting by keywords or a combination of keywords and placement, topics or interests, add more of them to increase your reach. Work with ad copies, add new text ads. If you are using banners, make sure you have all supported dimensions. If you are using all Flash banners, try HTML5 banners as well. 

It should help. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Wong,

In my personal experience, it's quite natural. When you stop a performing campaign and re-enable it after a gap, it may take some to respond properly. So, the first thing, you should give it some time. 

The other possible reasons can be many. For instance, may be the other advertisers whom you compete are doing better in terms of quality, relevance, and bids. This might be the reason you have started lagging behind. 

It may also be possible that there has been change in search volume this month in comparison with the said period. 

The other possibility can be that there have been changes in your campaign or in the landing pages. 

So, the best advice from me would be to give it sometime and then optimize every possible areas that directly relate to performance, like - keywords, bids, ad copies, landing page experience etc. Also, keep an eye on search impression share.

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shirely,
Welcome on Adwords Community !
In GDN few reason for decrease in traffic or your conversion. Few things you can check in your account:
1. 1st check the Jan month display network placement report. where you can find which sites givenyou most traffic & now decrease with certain points.
2. 2nd check your ad performance on that GDN sites.
3. Might be reason competitor increase bids on that sites. So increase your bids on that sites.
Hope this help you find the traffic decrease reason.

-----
Thanks,
Jiten

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan Jha

Thanks for your reply. but there is a big gap between pre and post. For example, pre performance could get around 20K impression, but post impression just around 2K.... is it reasonable?
How can I prove it was affected by competitor? if the display lost IS is increasing, so may I say the campaign was affected by competitor?

Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wong S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Losing on impression share is most likely because you are already losing on overall exposure. What would be more important to look here is - what are you losing on? Rank or Budget?

Check if you are losing on rank, if so, increase your bids. If you are losing on budget, increase your daily budget. 

Additionally, if you are targeting by keywords or a combination of keywords and placement, topics or interests, add more of them to increase your reach. Work with ad copies, add new text ads. If you are using banners, make sure you have all supported dimensions. If you are using all Flash banners, try HTML5 banners as well. 

It should help. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much~