AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Use of remarketingtag in digital radio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to set up a digital radio campaign. And if it is possible we want to retarget the people who have heard the radiocommercial in AdWords. 

It seems impossible because I think the tag only works on a connected website in Adwords. But maybe somebody has a good idea to let the tag work?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Use of remarketingtag in digital radio

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This is an interesting scenario! I'd like to ask here: How is the radio commercial served to users? If you're able to generate a URL for each commercial, a remarketing tag on that URL would fire when the page loads and hence could be used to remarket ads.

Also, you can use remarketing, even if you don't have any other campaigns. Remarketing tag would capture users based on the website visitors.

Let us know about the URL, so we can discuss Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth,

I asked the company who serves the commercial.

We need to create an image tracker for retargeting Adwords.
These trackers should be non secure, no part of JavaScript or iFrames, should also contain no JavaScript or iFrames, and should give an 1x1 pixel.

An example from a possible URL that can be used:

http:// googleads.g.doubleclick. net/pagead/viewthroughconversion/CIJFERCOMBINATIE/?value=1.000000&label=LETTERCOMBINATIE&guid=ON&script=0

I don't know how to add a remarketing tag to the URL. So I can use some help Smiley Happy

Regards,
Gilian

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Gillian,

Image tracker is a pixel placed inside an image to track its impression. They would have suggested this, as there could be a unique image associated to every commercial and hence targeting the image would mean targeting the commercial. However, I'm not sure how this could be integrated with AdWords remarketing, as the pixel isn't a part of AdWords.

Have you asked them if they could help in placing the remarketing code on image URLs? They'll have to place the code on the image URL, as they own the website. I doubt if this could work, as remarketing requires a URL structure but there's nothing wrong in testing it out. Could you provide the digital radio website URL, so I can check a few other things and get back?

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar