AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Urgent- CPC for USA Google Display Network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi People,

I have a client that is interested in buying into Electronics category for GDN in USA.

Can i roughly know what is the estimated CPC? In USD please. Thanks!!!

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Urgent- CPC for USA Google Display Network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello misc123,

There are couple of tools which can be used to get an estimate of how Google Display Network can be used for your client's business i.e.

Placement targeting tool: You can use it to get the idea of different placements based on keyword, website URL and category.

But  am afraid, it do not contain estimated bid. Rather you get options of impressions, placement type and ad type.

Contextual Targeting Tool:This tool could be used to create theme based ad groups for your Display Network Campaign. It does provide info about Suggested bid.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Urgent- CPC estimate for GDN

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello misc123;

In addition to Pankaj's answer:

Google does not disclose the estimated bids on the GDN (as far as my last attempt to find them) . A rule of thumb would be to use the bids for the "search network" -  suggested by the keyword tool, and to take the GDN bid to be roughly 20-40 percent off. (Well.... this is how I work... Smiley Surprised) Later, when you start getting clicks, you can adjust the bid. I know that it is a very broad range, as well as an an estimate ,, but that's what is currently available...Smiley Frustrated

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I agree. I use the search bids with a slight deviation too... Smiley Happy
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Re: Urgent- CPC for USA Google Display Network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you pankaj1782!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi MosheTLV,

Hmmm totally understand that Google doesn't disclose the estimated bids. I am actually looking out to people who had a display campaign targeting USA. And based on their experience, roughly the cpc is about how much. I need the CPC to estimate impressions and clicks for client. That's why =/

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Also i got a question, when you all talk about taking off 20-40% off, you guys meant to reduce the "Search bid" less 20-40%? Is it true that usually GDN cost slightly cheaper than search?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Misc,

Yes. I genererally reduce bids by 20-30% for the display network with exceptions for my very core keyword groups since I want to ensure they rank in a visible spot on the GDN.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@MIsc;

Shweta put it correctly, though there are always exceptions and the percentage range can vary. Until Google releases the numbers, your guess / estimate is as good as mine.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

There are some great ideas here guys. Currently there are not concrete estimates for bids on the Display Network availble, but using the Contextual Targeting Tool is the closest tool to help you out in this regard. This tool looks at a range of historically competitive bids on the sites that are relevant to the keywords you entered into the tool to estimate a CPC bid for you. 

Hope this helps. 

A.