AdWords
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Uppercase vs Lowercase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it matter if I use all uppercase, all lowercase or a both in my ads?

westinghouse

Westinghouse

WESTINGHOUSE

will these all yield the same results as far as relevance when I use them in an ad?

is there any reason to use one vs the other?

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Uppercase vs Lowercase

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello rcosync,

Welcome to the community.

There is no difference between uppercase and lowercase with regards to performance and relevancy in ads but you should note that you cannot use excessive capitalisation when creating the ad descriptions. This link explains this in further detail.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

Appreciate your response, helps me out alot.

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Doesn't answer what the 'best' is. Any study's on legibility or CTR for the capitalization of First Letter Of Every Word in ad's?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Noah,

The best way to get an up-to-date answer is to start your own separate thread. Please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks!

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

As mentioned above, should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.