AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Uploading Ads With Ad Customizers Using AdWords Editor

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I'm trying to upload ads with ad customizers via AdWords Editor, but it won't let me due to the following error.

20170627-adwords_editor_error.JPG

As a workaround solution, I've put in a placeholder word where the ad customizer parameter goes and tried to do put in the ad customizer using find and replace, but AdWords won't let me.

20170627-adwords_find_and_replace_error.JPG

This is what it says on the help page.

Your customizers might cause your text to go over the character limits. This is fine, but make sure that the values that replace your customizers won't exceed the limit (otherwise, your customized ad won't show).

So it's not the 80-letter cap that's causing the issue. Is there something else that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Make it {=ad_customizer.PricePerPack}. {ad_customizer.PricePerPack} is not an ad customizer and has no special meaning; it's taken as literal text.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
June

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Make it {=ad_customizer.PricePerPack}. {ad_customizer.PricePerPack} is not an ad customizer and has no special meaning; it's taken as literal text.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you! I'd forgotten to put the equal sign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys, I'm having the same problem. I have the = sign in all the ads, they don't exceed the 80-letter cap. Please help me!

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

What problem, specifically? Can you show a screenshot that includes the problematic text and the error message?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found that if you set up the customizer file FIRST, do a "get changes" and upload the ads second, it tends to work fine.