AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Upload images through Adwords Editor CSV import

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just uploaded image ads to my GDN campaign through adwords editor.  I then exported the campaign so that I could add my custom destination urls to each ad.  I imported that CSV back to Adwords editor and it ended up uploading a second version of each ad without the actual image, but with the destination url.  So basically I have the original ad with an image and no destination url and a copy of that ad with no image but including the new destination url that I created.  How can I adjust the destination URL of the original ad 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kokazaki
September 2015

Re: Upload images through Adwords Editor CSV import

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

In the menu, next to Export to CSV, there's a command to export to CSV with images. Use that - it would produce a ZIP file. Unpack that ZIP file - it contains a CSV file, and all the images it references, in a subdirectory named "images". Edit the CSV file to taste, while preserving references to image files in Image column. Import the edited CSV.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kokazaki
September 2015

Re: Upload images through Adwords Editor CSV import

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

In the menu, next to Export to CSV, there's a command to export to CSV with images. Use that - it would produce a ZIP file. Unpack that ZIP file - it contains a CSV file, and all the images it references, in a subdirectory named "images". Edit the CSV file to taste, while preserving references to image files in Image column. Import the edited CSV.