AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Upgrading from AdWords 10.6 to 11?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have AdWords Editor v. 10.6 installed. I'd like to upgrade to the new Version 11. It is not giving me the option to upgrade from withing the AW Editor interface - no dialog box with "A New Version is Available.....". I can download version 11 from the installation page in Google, but it doesn't detect I already have the previous version installed. Will it not upgrade & replace the old version? Do I have to manually download v. 11, then import all my account data, then delete the old version? Or should this be done automatically? Thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Re: Upgrading from AdWords 10.6 to 11?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi sddalg,

Version 11+ upwards is basically a new client / software rather than an upgrade from the previous versions. You'll need to download the newest version from here and then just download the data directly from within that software, no exporting and importing is required.

You can have both the old and new version downloaded at the same time so I wouldn't suggest deleting your current version for now until you are entirely familiar with the newest one.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi sddalg,

Version 11+ upwards is basically a new client / software rather than an upgrade from the previous versions. You'll need to download the newest version from here and then just download the data directly from within that software, no exporting and importing is required.

You can have both the old and new version downloaded at the same time so I wouldn't suggest deleting your current version for now until you are entirely familiar with the newest one.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - that was what I needed to know.