AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Upgraded URLs "Item Does Not meet guidelines"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have followed the steps for Advanced using simple tracking exactly as described here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6157310. At the "upload your spreadsheet to adwords", the vast majority of my changes give me the following error: 

 

  • tem does not meet the editorial guidelines
    Non-standard punctuation [?]
  • Item does not meet the editorial guidelines
    Ad exceeds character limits [?]

This is provably false, as the only ads changed/uploaded are DIRECT copies of ads that are running, with the only change being the URL changes. It looks like AdWords can't handle uploads containing superscript, as we have our brand trademark in our ads like this:™. Again, we have ads currently running containing this character. How can I fix this issue? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upgraded URLs "Item Does Not meet guidelines"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Alec,

 

Welcome to AdWords Community.

 

I can confirm that superscript (™) is not a problem at all. I have successfully uploaded the spreadsheet with such characters in the ad text. There was no problem at all. 

 

What formate are you downloading the file in? Does it save properly after the update? May be the characters are being changed while saving the file. There must be some other errors. Try downloading the original spreadsheet again and check it with the update of only one ad containing TM to confirm. 

 

Thanks
Ratan Jha


About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Upgraded URLs "Item Does Not meet guidelines"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Superscript was absolutely a problem for me. I download the file from the web UI (as the documentation suggests), and save the file as an XLS file. I can confirm superscript was the issue, as I removed all superscript characters, and the upload errors went away. However, now, despite my preview showing no errors, when I upload, ALL of my ads fail to upload, as they are missing a destination URL (and a blank destination URL column is what the documentation SPECIFICALLY TELLS ME IS REQUIRED).