AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Upgraded Location Extension visibility

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Example: I created 2 upgraded account-level location extensions. My account has 2 campaigns. So I assigned extension 1 to campaign 1, extension 2 to campaign 2.

But... extension 2 was not approved (say address was all wrong or whatever). What is going to happen to campaign 2? Will it show extension 1 (because it is account-wide)? No extension at all? 

Thank you,

D

Re: Upgraded Location Extension visibility

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Because you don't have an campaign-assigned location extension in campaign 2, the approved account-wide location extension will show for campaign 2, as well as campaign 1.

Regarding the disapproval, call 1-866-2GOOGLE, and they should be able to explain that further/troubleshoot any issues.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, that kinda sucks, because we create accounts and campaigns via API (and in really massive numbers) so if some location extension is disapproved, we very often are finding out much later...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you have a Google Rep that you work with regularly? That's generally something you can let them know about, and have them alert you whenever a location extension is disapproved.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Taylor, we can try and ask him, but that is literally many thousands of accounts and campaigns now...