AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Update to phone numbers in ads that show a business location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The notification has come out that Update to phone numbers in ads that show a business location. Form the way I read this Phone numbers from Google My Business and the website can override the phone numbers from call extensions.

There are 1000’s of franchise websites thorough out the UK and it became obvious ‘automated’ snippets caused different links to appear below the ads to different franchisees that had nothing to do with the search term, I’m guessing the same will start to happen with telephone numbers.

Grateful for any thoughts on this?

Many thanks

Dominic

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominc R
January 2017

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for posting to the Community. To clarify, this update will not override any of your existing call extensions. Previously, we only showed phone numbers on ads with call extension enabled. Starting January 19th, we may show location-specific phone numbers on ads with location extensions enabled. These location-specific phone numbers will show in addition to the click-to-call call extension button.

Let me know if you have additional questions!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominc R
January 2017

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for posting to the Community. To clarify, this update will not override any of your existing call extensions. Previously, we only showed phone numbers on ads with call extension enabled. Starting January 19th, we may show location-specific phone numbers on ads with location extensions enabled. These location-specific phone numbers will show in addition to the click-to-call call extension button.

Let me know if you have additional questions!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, CassieH, in the case of companies that have a specific phone number for every campaign and track their effectiveness, how this will affect?, for example, I run an account that has location extensions to the account level but no to campaign or ad group level, should I delete the location extensions? How would this affect the performance of the campaigns? I will appreciate your reply Smiley Happy. Thanks

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Lorena,

If you have location extensions set at the account level, and the connect GMB account has location-specific phone numbers, we may show that location-specific phone number in addition to your campaign's unique call extension.

We don't recommend deleting your location extensions to avoid this. You can choose to opt out if this isn't the best choice for your business. However, this may reduce impressions or performance of ads that are based on location extensions.

I hope this helps,

Cassie