AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Universal Analytics with tag manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to upgrade several accounts to Universal Analytics, and at the same time install Tag Manager, to manage every tracking codes from there.

My question is: will I lose all data history if I install Tag Manager first, then switch to UA, or should I first switch to UA, then install Tag Manager?

Thanks a lot

Lily

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Myriam B
September 2015

Re: Universal Analytics with tag manager

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Myriam,

All data will flow into the same accounts, and no important history will be lost once you upgrade to tag manager. (As with most tag migrations, there's a small chance of losing a few seconds or at most a few minutes of data. But that’s lots better than tags that don’t work in the first place.)

Having said that, I suggest you to first upgrade the code to universal analytics and then install tag managers.

You can find other answers in the link below:
http://www.google.com/tagmanager/faq.html

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Myriam B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Myriam,

All data will flow into the same accounts, and no important history will be lost once you upgrade to tag manager. (As with most tag migrations, there's a small chance of losing a few seconds or at most a few minutes of data. But that’s lots better than tags that don’t work in the first place.)

Having said that, I suggest you to first upgrade the code to universal analytics and then install tag managers.

You can find other answers in the link below:
http://www.google.com/tagmanager/faq.html

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, thanks!