AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unique AdWords Strategies?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am working for a client and we're targeting high level financial officers etc.

We're really looking to get creative with our targeting. I had heard of all kinds of great strategies including targeting airports for example.

I am looking for resources outlining creative and unique strategies. Extra points if it is focused on targeting financial people etc.

Or your personal strategies.

Input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Re: Unique AdWords Strategies?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Targeting High Level Financial Officers can be made in the following ways :

1. People above the age of 28 to 35

2. People who uses Financial News website look Bloomberg, CNN (not all the sections, only specific categories related to finance)

3. Any related mobile apps, most Financial Officers using

If you need to target the influencing people who help High Level Financial Officers are the entry level Financial Officers. These people can also be targeted through websites which speaks about MBA and Finance as this is closely related with their jobs.

Since the target segment is too narrow, what I could recommend is to run display branding campaign on highly specific related placements and targeting them through re-marketing can work well better. 

Even though the Search Volume for the keywords is low in this type of targeting, here value of a lead matters more than volume of leads.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Targeting High Level Financial Officers can be made in the following ways :

1. People above the age of 28 to 35

2. People who uses Financial News website look Bloomberg, CNN (not all the sections, only specific categories related to finance)

3. Any related mobile apps, most Financial Officers using

If you need to target the influencing people who help High Level Financial Officers are the entry level Financial Officers. These people can also be targeted through websites which speaks about MBA and Finance as this is closely related with their jobs.

Since the target segment is too narrow, what I could recommend is to run display branding campaign on highly specific related placements and targeting them through re-marketing can work well better. 

Even though the Search Volume for the keywords is low in this type of targeting, here value of a lead matters more than volume of leads.

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I liked your 3rd point. Thanks for the suggestion.