AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unexplained stall

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I ran into a phenomenon I cant explain: A new display network campaign I've launched yesterday, started to accumulate impressions rapidly, 95,000 in the first 2 hours, and then a complete stop. Today more of the same: 125,000 impressions in less than 2 hours and again a total stop.

The CTR is low, less than 0.01%. The budget is 10 times more than the actual cost. The time zones and the ad scheduling are correct. the bids are higher than the actual cost.

What seems to be the problem?

Thanks.

Arnon

Re: Unexplained stall

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Arnon,

You may want to check if your ad settings are set to accelerated or standard. WIth standard delivery, Google might seem to see after a couple of hours that you are running through bids faster than their algorithm intended.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404248

Let us know what you find, and we'll take it from there.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Arnon,

One things that springs to mind is that it could be your competitors ad scheduling kicking in at a certain time which might knock your ad positions down so they stop receiving impressions as they are in lower positions. This wouldn't normally come to a complete stop though so it's probably not this.

As it's a new campaign I'd leave it for another couple of days to see if the pattern continues.

Please give us an update if you find out anything new.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys,

In the first 2 hours it reached 168,878 impressions and it still shows exactly the same number for the last six hours.

As if someone has pulled the plug. 90% of the daily budget have not been used.

Arnon