AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to change campaign end date in AdWords Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm running into an issue with my AdWords Editor: I am unable to change the campaign start and end date, and as a result I can’t post any campaign changes as I receive the error that “the campaign end date is in the past”.

Here is a short screencast of the issue to help clarify: http://screencast.com/t/jc4JWUdw8JoA

Has anyone had or seen an issue like this before, or have any recommendations on how to resolve? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Editor, but still having the same issues.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

The last date you entered, 10/1/2016, is in fact in the past.

Enter a future date using only numbers and separator, e.g. 11/01/2016.

For future reference. Uninstall/reinstall is a fruitless effort if the app can run.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@ApeMan Thanks for your response.

In the screencast I try several dates in the future that are not accepted. The Editor will not accept any date that is entered via the date picker.

However, when I try to enter a date in the format you specified above (MM/DD/YYYY), it seems to work! This is an acceptable workaround for the time being, but is there a way to change the input to DD/MM/YYYY (I am in Australia so the month first date style can create issues).

Thanks for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raphael H
October 2016

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

We have an issue where a date component is not numeric. If you change your short date format in Windows Region settings to d/M/yyyy, or d/M/yy (based on screencast it should currently be dd-MMM-yy) it should work as you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, that seems to have worked. Thanks! Smiley Happy