AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to change campaign end date in AdWords Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm running into an issue with my AdWords Editor: I am unable to change the campaign start and end date, and as a result I can’t post any campaign changes as I receive the error that “the campaign end date is in the past”.

Here is a short screencast of the issue to help clarify: http://screencast.com/t/jc4JWUdw8JoA

Has anyone had or seen an issue like this before, or have any recommendations on how to resolve? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Editor, but still having the same issues.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raphael H
October 2016

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

We have an issue where a date component is not numeric. If you change your short date format in Windows Region settings to d/M/yyyy, or d/M/yy (based on screencast it should currently be dd-MMM-yy) it should work as you want.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

The last date you entered, 10/1/2016, is in fact in the past.

Enter a future date using only numbers and separator, e.g. 11/01/2016.

For future reference. Uninstall/reinstall is a fruitless effort if the app can run.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@ApeMan Thanks for your response.

In the screencast I try several dates in the future that are not accepted. The Editor will not accept any date that is entered via the date picker.

However, when I try to enter a date in the format you specified above (MM/DD/YYYY), it seems to work! This is an acceptable workaround for the time being, but is there a way to change the input to DD/MM/YYYY (I am in Australia so the month first date style can create issues).

Thanks for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raphael H
October 2016

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

We have an issue where a date component is not numeric. If you change your short date format in Windows Region settings to d/M/yyyy, or d/M/yy (based on screencast it should currently be dd-MMM-yy) it should work as you want.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, that seems to have worked. Thanks! Smiley Happy