AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to access adwords site 404 error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am no longer able to access the Adwords account, I get a error 404.  

https://adwords.google.com/

Has been like this for 2 days now.  Who can I contact to resolve this.  Also my pay PPC have skyrocketed in the last month, this is very odd and I suspect these are false clicks.

This is using Google Chrome.  Seems I can access from a different browser (IE) but still unable to even after clearing cookies and cache from chrome.

I did some adwords API thing the other day and I wonder if thats tied to it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to access adwords site 404 error

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Where are you located? I have not seen any recent report under AdWords Known Issues.

When you mentioned "skyrocketed", does that mean it goes beyond your usual budget?

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just updated my post with more information.

By skyrocketed I mean my normal bill is about $10 a month and this last bill was $40.  The clicks are over 600 which is just insane for what the past 3 years have been.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
From 1/1/11 to 7/1/12 I had 243 clicks all year.
From 7/1/12 to 8/1/12 I had 640 clicks in one month!.
Something is not right at all.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Let us analyze your account internally, Have you change your budget at any given point within that last billing period? What I usually do to diagnose is I go on dimensions tab of the campaign, select time then day , choose the right date range in your case let us start with 7/1-8/1, then analyze on what days I actually overspent.

Can you try on your end and post the screenshot if you can.

More Power,
Loraine

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey wolfster101,

Cn you try accessing AdWords from a location other than your office(probably your home or a coffee shop).. Could be just an issue with your router/gateway because I have had no issues accessing the website.

Also, with regards to invalid clicks.. AdWords takes care of invalid clicks using its filters and does not charge you for them.

Heres a link to how this works: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6114

Heres more details on how you can monitor these clicks yourself: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549113

If you still believe that there is a problem, I would encourage you to use this troubleshooter and Google will investigate this issue for you.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have changed my bids to .50 cents a day as of today, these show when I was at $1.00 a day.

Jan to June 2012

Shows 2 clicks total since Jan.

June to Aug 2012

Shows 830 clicks in 2 months alone.  Now if I was getting calls, emails or business in some manner I could understand it but an increase of clicks by 800% and only maybe 3 calls in the last 60 days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ran the invalid click testor and it showed nothing out of the ordinary so I submitted a ticket with Google.

What I found is Google claims 

Day                        Clicks  Invalid clicks Invalid click rate

Wed, Jun 20, 2012     11           --              --

Thu, Jun 21, 2012      12           --              --

Fri, Jun 22, 2012        15           --              --

Sat, Jun 23, 2012       17         --              --  

And Statcounter shows this:

Day Date                                    Page Loads       Unique Visits      First Time      Visits       Returning Visits

Wednesday June 20th 2012               2                        2                       2               0                  0

Thursday June 21st 2012                   0                        0                       0               0                  0

Friday June 22nd 2012                      5                         5                       5               0                 0

Saturday June 23rd 2012                   0                         0                       0               0                 0