AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Run Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a message in my account  "Your ads aren't running because a chargeback was initiated for your account. Contact us for help", What does this means?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chic Babes C
September 2015

Re: Unable to Run Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is pretty serious.

From Wikipedia:
Chargeback is the return of funds to a consumer, forcibly initiated by the issuing bank of the instrument used by a consumer to settle a debt. Specifically, it is the reversal of a prior outbound transfer of funds from a consumer's bank account, line of credit, or credit card.

Essentially, whoever owns the credit card saw the charge on their statement, called the bank and said that they never made that payment or it was fraud.

I would contact your bank or credit card issuer to find out what happened. Unless you initiated the chargeback/refund yourself?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chic Babes C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is pretty serious.

From Wikipedia:
Chargeback is the return of funds to a consumer, forcibly initiated by the issuing bank of the instrument used by a consumer to settle a debt. Specifically, it is the reversal of a prior outbound transfer of funds from a consumer's bank account, line of credit, or credit card.

Essentially, whoever owns the credit card saw the charge on their statement, called the bank and said that they never made that payment or it was fraud.

I would contact your bank or credit card issuer to find out what happened. Unless you initiated the chargeback/refund yourself?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately we may have put in a old bank card number or you guys use an old card that was already on our ad acct that expired we truly apologize we are a license, bonded company and with insurance, that made a simple error please allow us to run our ad.

Blue Dyamond Lawn Care

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information. This is done, per our Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect your privacy and/or account security.